The University of Integrated Health (UIH) is America’s premier naturopathic medical education provider. UIH offers full-time four years naturopathic doctor (ND) program into accelerated one-year online education and another year of internship in the Holistic Health Clinic associated to UIH. Our compressed program provides you with a rigorous curriculum that blends a thorough scientific foundation with comprehensive training in traditional naturopathic treatments for whole body and mind solutions.
Accreditation and Program Overview
University of Integrated Health (UIH) is accredited by AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners), International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE), GEMA (Guardian Ecclesiastical Medical Association). After graduation from UIH students are qualified to apply AADP and QAHE to become board certified holistic health professional without further exam. Accreditation allows UIH graduates to sit for the board examinations, which are the gateway to practice in licensed states.
Become a naturopathic doctor through our holistic medical program which encompasses the diagnosis and management of primary care patients through the use of natural means that include naturopathic counseling, nutrition, wellness counseling, botanicals, physical medicine, homeopathy, physiotherapy, electrotherapy, and natural pharmaceuticals. UIH teaches the tenets and philosophy of the profession and the profession’s unique and all-encompassing natural approach to the patient.
What is ND?
Naturopathic doctors (ND) address the fundamental causes of disease, heal the whole person through individualized treatment, and teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine. The Doctor of Naturopathy degree program provides more than 3,000 hours of education & training and 500 hours of clinical experience.
A Board Certified Naturopathic Medical Doctor May Perform Any of the Following Tasks, But Are Not Limited To:
- Guide on establishing & optimizing your holistic medical health business
- Counsel clients on integrative medicine, natural healing therapies basic rules of good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
Unparalleled Career Preparation
You will spend a full year in the clinical internship component of your program. UIH offers naturopathic clinical internship opportunities that allow students to complete a full-fledged naturopathic internship on our main campus. Our ND internship program is conducted in a framework appropriate to a university setting in our state, and provides experience in high quality naturopathic care. Not only that, you’ll spend your internship in our on-campus integrative medical clinic, learning how to collaborate with professionals from other medical specialties.
For entry to practice in the naturopathic profession, you will take rigorous professional board exams. Demonstrating proficiency through these exams is a necessary step to being licensed in any jurisdiction that regulates the practice of naturopathic medicine.
Course Curriculum for ND program:
|Semester 1: History, art, and practice of naturopathic medicine|
|Semester 2: Principles and foundations of naturopathic medicine|
|Semester 3: Human Anatomy and Physiology|
|Semester 4: Clinical nutrition and Lifestyle management|
|Semester 5: Healing Mind, Body & Spirit|
|Semester 6: Ancient & Ayurveda Medicine|
|Semester 7: Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and acupuncture|
|Semester 8: Botanical (herbal) medicine and it application|
|Semester 9: Functional Regenerative Medicine|
|Semester 10: Reflexology and physical observation|
|Semester 11: Classical Homeopathy and application in modern era|
|Semester 12: Integrative Medicine|
ND Course Outline:
This degree program could be enrolled by individuals or physicians from different fields such as Medical doctors, Chiropractors, DO, and different health care practitioners from Integrated health care such as naturopaths, holistic, functional medicine, regenerative medicine, nutritionist, etc.
ND Course Credit:
- Introduction to Natural Medicine
- Anatomy and Physiology – 3 credit hours
- Principal of Naturopahtic Medicine I – 3 credit hours
- Principal of Naturopahtic Medicine II – 3 credit hours
- Western Herbal Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Microbiology – 3 credit hours
- Sociology – 3 credit hours
- Embryology & Histology – 3 credit hours
- Immunology – 3 credit hours
- Evolutionary Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Functional Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Clinical Nutrition – 3 credit hours
- Traditional Chinese Medicine, TCM – 3 credit hours
- Modern Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Internal Condition – 3 credit hours
- Blood Chemistry and Lab – 3 credit hours
- Modern Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Complementary and Alternative Medicines – 3 credit hours
- Regenerative Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Mind-Body Solution – 3 credit hours
-Dissertation – 15 credit hours
Total Credit Hours: 75
- Comprehensive manuals and/or digital textbooks, online resources, video presentations with power-point lecture notes, weekly quizzes and online final exam.
- Passing an online exam with 70% or higher.
- Exam is based on the course materials. No added materials needed.
- Once you submit your examination for grading and pass, you will receive your grade and credentials immediately
Course Delivery Method:
- 100% Digital versions in Blackboard learning management site for all course textbooks and other materials.
- Online access to course materials, books, and video lectures
- Weekly quizzes and final exam are online
- Online testing – submit your assignments and final examination online, and receive your results immediately
- No extra or added fees for registration, course materials and/or examination
- Unlimited Student Support – We are here to help you before, during and after enrollment
- No Travel Necessary
- Resources for Your Business
- Guide on Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Nutrition Holistic Doctors
- Forms, worksheets and checklists provided are perforated for easy duplication
List of Instructors for the ND program:
- Dr. Lauren J. Marchefka, MSN, BA, FNP-BC, ABAAHP
- Dr. Jacob Vonfeldt, DC, IMD
- Dr. Adrian Isaza, DC, PhD
- Dr. Marina D. Crosby
- Dr. Andris Kazmers, MD
- Dr. Austin McJunkins, MD
- Dr. Todid Najafi, DC
- Dr. M. Mojibul Haque, ND, PhD
- Dr. E. W. Williams, DC
- Dr. Sara Florida, PhD
- Dr. Noel Boaz MD, PhD