Doctor of Naturopathic (ND)
The University of Integrated Health (UIH) is America’s premier naturopathic medical education provider. UIH offers full-time four years naturopathic doctor (ND) program. Our compressed program provides you with a rigorous curriculum that blends a thorough scientific foundation with comprehensive training in traditional naturopathic treatments for whole body and mind solutions.
Accreditation and Program Overview
University of Integrated Health (UIH) is accredited by AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners), American Board of Functional and Integrative Medicine (ABFIM), and International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE). After graduation from UIH, students are qualified to apply AADP, ABFIM, and QAHE to become board certified holistic health professionals without further exam. Accreditation allows UIH graduates to sit for the board examinations and get licensed from ABFIM board to practice in United States and Globally.
Become a naturopathic doctor through our holistic medical program which encompasses the diagnosis and management of primary care patients through the use of natural means that include naturopathic counseling, nutrition, wellness counseling, botanicals, physical medicine, homeopathy, physiotherapy, electrotherapy, and natural pharmaceuticals. UIH teaches the tenets and philosophy of the profession and the profession’s unique and all-encompassing natural approach to the patient.
What is ND?
Naturopathic doctors (ND) address the fundamental causes of disease, heal the whole person through individualized treatment, and teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine. The Doctor of Naturopathy degree program provides more than 3,000 hours of education & training and 500 hours of clinical experience.
A Board Certified Naturopathic Medical Doctor May Perform Any of the Following Tasks, But Are Not Limited To:
- Guide on establishing & optimizing your holistic medical health business
- Counsel clients on integrative medicine, natural healing therapies basic rules of good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
You will spend a full year in the clinical internship component of your program. UIH offers naturopathic clinical internship opportunities that allow students to complete a full-fledged naturopathic internship on our main campus. Our ND internship program is conducted in a framework appropriate to a university setting in our state, and provides experience in high quality naturopathic care. Not only that, you’ll spend your internship in our on-campus integrative medical clinic, learning how to collaborate with professionals from other medical specialties.
- For entry to practice in the naturopathic profession, you will take rigorous professional board exams. Demonstrating proficiency through these exams is a necessary step to being licensed in any jurisdiction that regulates the practice of naturopathic medicine.
Semester 1: History, art, and practice of naturopathic medicine Semester 2: Principles and foundations of naturopathic medicine Semester 3: Human Anatomy and Physiology Dissertation Part-1 Semester 4: Clinical nutrition and Lifestyle management Semester 5: Healing Mind, Body & Spirit Semester 6: Ancient & Ayurveda Medicine Semester 7: Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and acupuncture Dissertation Part-2 Semester 8: Clinical Experience and Emergency Care Semester 9: Functional Regenerative Medicine Semester 10: Functional Lab and Diagnostics Semester 11: Classical Homeopathy and application in modern era Semester 12: Integrative Medicine Final Dissertation
This degree program could be enrolled by individuals or physicians from different fields such as Medical doctors, Chiropractors, DO, and different health care practitioners from Integrated health care such as naturopaths, holistic, functional medicine, regenerative medicine, nutritionist, etc.
- Introduction to Natural Medicine
- Anatomy and Physiology – 3 credit hours
- Principal of Naturopahtic Medicine I – 3 credit hours
- Principal of Naturopahtic Medicine II – 3 credit hours
- Western Herbal Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Microbiology – 3 credit hours
- Sociology – 3 credit hours
- Embryology & Histology – 3 credit hours
- Immunology – 3 credit hours
- Evolutionary Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Functional Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Clinical Nutrition – 3 credit hours
- Traditional Chinese Medicine, TCM – 3 credit hours
- Modern Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Internal Condition – 3 credit hours
- Blood Chemistry and Lab – 3 credit hours
- Modern Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Complementary and Alternative Medicines – 3 credit hours
- Regenerative Medicine – 3 credit hours
- Mind-Body Solution – 3 credit hours
-Dissertation – 15 credit hours
Total Credit Hours: 75
- Comprehensive manuals and/or digital textbooks, online resources, video presentations with power-point lecture notes, weekly quizzes and online final exam.
Welcome to UIH ND-PhD Program! We believe that integrative physician-scientist training here at UIH provides a remarkable opportunity to engage in compassionate health care and breakthrough research alongside an astoundingly vibrant faculty and student body. There are fewer ND-PhD programs, and they accept fewer students than traditional ND programs. The ND-PhD Program is singularly focused on creating an integrated, nurturing and community-oriented environment so you can flourish – personally and professionally – during your time with us.
What makes our program special?
We prepare ND/PhD candidates who seek to move beyond the boundaries separating scientific research and clinical practice. We are unparalleled depth and breadth of clinical and research opportunities balanced by a profoundly caring, invested, and brilliant community of students, colleagues and mentors.
Our mission is to train the next generation of premier and diverse integrative physician-scientist leaders, who represent a rich spectrum of clinical disciplines and research areas from basic and translational sciences to bioengineering to the social sciences.
Our ND-PhD students benefit from the choice of applying to UIH educational tracks, namely Pathways, Health and Sciences. The Pathways curriculum starts with a 12 month intensive introduction to the essentials of medical education with prompt entry to the Years 3 and 4, clinic-based experiences are balanced with classroom-based educational components that emphasize an intimate linkage between pathophysiology and patient relevance. The UIH curriculum follows a more traditional sequence with didactic class work that runs through Years 1 and most of Year 2, with the transition to the wards beginning of the Year 2. Years 3 and 4 follow a clinical-based clinical rotations schedule.
Students are welcome to apply after finishing their first year of doctoral program in UIH. Candidates will also be evaluated based upon the success in doctoral program, submission of an essay, the extent and level of their previous education, awards and honors, other relevant research experience, professional training, and publications and reference letters, considering both the numerical rankings and the text of the letters which will be used to assess a student’s desire and motivation to become a physician-scientist. Competitive applicants will have significant integrative medical research experience.
Applicants will be reviewed by both ND and ND/PhD reviewers. Candidates will participate in a separate interview process for the ND/PhD programs in addition to the regular ND interviews.
Lastly, we are dedicated to developing outstanding integrative physician-scientists who excel in their field and are competitive at the national, and international level. To this end, the program is designed to meet the individual educational needs of students while promoting excellence.
Dr. Angela Morales
ND/PhD Program Director
- 100% Digital versions in Blackboard learning management site for all course textbooks and other materials.
- Online access to course materials, books, and video lectures
- Weekly quizzes and final exam are online
- Online testing – submit your assignments and final examination online, and receive your results immediately
- No extra or added fees for registration, course materials and/or examination
- Unlimited Student Support – We are here to help you before, during and after enrollment
- No Travel Necessary
- Resources for Your Business
- Guide on Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Nutrition Holistic Doctors
- Forms, worksheets and checklists provided are perforated for easy duplication
- Dr. Lauren J. Marchefka, MSN, BA, FNP-BC, ABAAHP
- Dr. Jacob Vonfeldt, DC, IMD
- Dr. Adrian Isaza, DC, PhD
- Dr. Marina D. Crosby
- Dr. Andris Kazmers, MD
- Dr. Austin McJunkins, MD
- Dr. Todid Najafi, DC
- Dr. M. Mojibul Haque, ND, PhD
- Dr. E. W. Williams, DC
- Dr. Sara Florida, PhD
- Dr. Noel Boaz MD, PhD
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.